SketchUpVrayArtists
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

simple exterior render

2 posters

Go down

simple exterior render Empty simple exterior render

Post by scostumatu Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:26 am

Hi there

Simple exterior render that i just did. Not much post pro at all and i must fix the hard lines around the front paving/pebbles... just got too lazy to finish it off for now! '

Let me know what u think and how i can improve it

simple exterior render Dusksample

scostumatu

Back to top Go down

simple exterior render Empty Re: simple exterior render

Post by scostumatu Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:13 am

heres a slight improvement - just photoshopped the grass area to make the grass edges not so sharp along with the pebbles.... oh and i added the black bands on top and bottom to make it more dramatic

simple exterior render Duskp

scostumatu

Back to top Go down

Post by nomeradona Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:59 am

Thank you for sharing this image.. I must say your setting and contrast were excellent. The sharpness and the use of material texture you nailed it. THe lighting is also great especially the effect of wall lamp on the exterior. I especially like those in the garage area. The photoshopped grass also is much better and I could not see a photoshop flaw. Many times i prefer this done choking my computer with displacement and even using fur...

However you should consider looking on the following:
- i can see antialising problem even with the bigger size output. look at your image sampler and increase it a bit.
- plants, i could see some halo on the leaves of the plants, if they are in png, tick the color transparency something ( i forgot the exact word) if they are jpg then you need to rework the texture in photoshop.
- sky.. the light of the background image that you use is coming from the left. the model lighting seems coming from the right. maybe reverse or mirror the bg image.
- model needs to be filleted or chamfered, edges are too sharp. use the round corner of fredo02 to do the magic.
- finally for the interior, if you are using lighting maybe add some furniture or if seem that is too much maybe add curtains...
nomeradona
nomeradona
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by scostumatu Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:41 am

Thanks very much for the critique Noma - im excited that im doing ok with it Smile

Appreciated

I will look at the points you made and upload the new render when i get some time...

once again, thanks.

scostumatu

Back to top Go down

Post by nomeradona Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:46 pm

sure looking forward with the updated render..btw Noma is the name of my sister. Very Happy
nomeradona
nomeradona
Forum Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by scostumatu Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:33 pm

Sorry Nomeradona my bad Smile

Attached is the final render - Hope you like Smile

Although i didnt fix the transperancy around the flowers :[

simple exterior render Finalemail

scostumatu

Back to top Go down